Saturday, November 10, 2007

Going to the loo?

Just a few days ago, when I was relieving myself in the gents in a shopping mall, a man came in with his daughter (less than 5 yrs old I think) in tow.

The man went on to do his 'business', while his little girl was cringing in a corner, pinching her nose, trying her best to be invisible in the crowd.

I understand the rationale, when mama is not around and papa got to make sure darling is alright and in sight, even when going to the loo.

But I can't help feeling a little bit outraged. You can call me a prude, but putting yourself in the little girl's shoes, she must have felt so embarassed!

I start to think about the future when my own little girl grows up. Will I be doing the same thing?

I promised myself that I will do my utmost to make sure that I don't find myself in a similar situation.

technorati tags:

2 comments:

Petes blog said...

I enjoyed this it was very good indeed keep up the good work.
http://hubpages.com/hub/fishing-tackle-review.
Take care and have a safe week.

Daddy-is-a-nurse said...

My daughter will be born in march 2011

My challenge will be bringing her out to public toilets when i am only with her without the mum

I can see the outrage and possible embrassment when it is my turn

Regards

Kelvin
daddyisanurse@blogspot.com

http://www.emailcashpro.com